The first Transnational Project Meeting took place in Greece, Kalamata, from 24/11/2017 to 28/11/2017.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 24, 2017
Arrival in Kalamata, settling at the hotel, dinner
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25, 2017
8.30 – 14.00 project work at 2nd Lykeo of Kalamata
14.00 – 14.30 light lunch at school
16.30 – 19.00 visit at the local social entrepreneurship “Fifa Farm”, hands-on experience on the project of the company (permaculture, RE-THINK), presentation of the business *(5euros each)
19.00 – 19.30 walk along the sea front Dinner
THURSDAY OCTOBER 26, 2017
8.30 -14.00 project work at 2nd Lykeo of Kalamata
14.00 – 14.30 light lunch at school
14.30 – 17.30 free time or a cup of coffee/tea at the city centre
17.30 – 19.30 guided walk around the old city of Kalamata, taste local delicacies Dinner
FRIDAY OCTOBER 27, 2017
9.00 – 14.00 Excursion to Ancient Messini site, guided tour, lunch Free time
MINUTES OF THE MEETING – 1st TRANSNATIONAL PROJECT MEETING
The first TPM went very well. It was a great opportunity for all partner representatives to meet in person. Our host partners were very hospitable and took very good care of us.
At the beginning of the meeting we were welcomed by the headmaster and students participating the project. This was done in the national language of the partner schools.
-The Greek coordinator will also present a seminar about early school leaving based on a KA1 course she attended and the other Greek teachers hold a workshop on school management and innovative teaching methods based on their KA1 experience
The meeting was attended by all the school project coordinators, two headmasters and one vice-headmaster and teachers involved in the project.
The following were discussed and agreed upon during the teacher meeting:
- The dates of the first 3 LTA
1st LTA in Portugal – 12 – 16.3. 2018
2nd LTA in Austria – 22-26.5.2018
- 3rd LTA in Spain – 22-26.10.2018
Suggested dates for the 4th and 5th, these dates will be confirmed at them LTA in Austria:
4th LTA in Italy – 25.2-1.3.2019 or the following two weeks
5th LTA in the Czech Republic – 6-10.5.2019
- The tasks, responsibilities, duties and sub-duties of partner schools. It was confirmed and agreed that:
The Czech Republic – will:
– ensure proper time management of the project,
– monitor the proper implementation of all the project activities in line with the project aims on the international level and also during the LTA,
– regularly inform the partners of the next steps and stages of the project and check that planned activities are being carried out according to the aims of the project.
– will be responsible for managing the project website and will set it up by the end of November (?).
– Will prepare a workshop about ICT for the 3rd LTA in Spain.
– will be responsible for the eTwinning Platform (TwinSpace)
– assist partners who are new to eTwinning and
– check that material uploaded to the platform is in line with the goals and aims of the project.
During the TPM the Greek coordinator informed all the participants about the eTwinning platform, how to register and upload material there.
– will prepare evaluation questionnaires for the TPM, LTA and other activities that involves all the partners
– will prepare the final report of the common evaluations.
– will be responsible for the overall dissemination plan together with Spain
– the Italian partner prepared and presented a dissemination plan based on the outlines agree upon in the project
During the meeting the Italian partners presented the dissemination plan based on the outlines of the project. They also presented the first proposal for the evaluation questionnaire for the TPM and LTA and basic evaluation strategy.
It was agreed that evaluation would be done via oral feedback from teachers and students involved in the project, in lessons, in written form as blogs, diaries, vlogs and videos. Quantitative evaluation will be done via various online questionnaires on google drive. This will include evaluations of each LTA, preliminary evaluation, evaluation of workshops, visits to social enterprises, etc. The school will also help with project dissemination.
– will prepare the first workshop on how to set up a business plan in Portugal
– assist where necessary the Spanish partner with the second seminar on how to set up a marketing plan
– assist all partners when needed regarding creating a business plan for the fictive companies in the second year of the project.
The Spanish partner
– will prepare the second workshop on how create a marketing plan for the LTA in Austria
– will be responsible for the overall dissemination plan together with Italy.
– all partners will be use google drive to share documents, upload files, photo, reports and other
– all partners will be registered on eTwinning and TwinSpace and create their profiles and school files there
– a FB group would will be set up for the students and teachers participating in the project, so they can start to initiate contact among each other
– schools will attempt to carry out introductory skype calls or chats among the students so that students can get to know each other better before the LTA .
LEARNING TEACHING ACTIVITIES
Based on the project there will be 5 LTA. The following things were discussed and agreed upon regarding the LTA.
During each meeting there will be:
– An opening ceremony would be held at the start of each LTA. It will be an opportunity to present the project, its results to the public in the local and wider community, also to other teachers and schools (or other relevant stakeholders). Students will present tasks that they worked on in between the meetings.
– ice-breaking and social activities so that participants will be able to get to know each other better
– 2 workshops (connected the following topics: business, commerce, marketing, social activities, social skills, ICT skills) will be carried out during each LTA
– two visits to social enterprises, or 1 visit to a social enterprise and one visit from an entrepreneur at the school. The person invited would give a lecture or presentation and hold a discussion with the students.
– where possible students will do some charity work or social activity in the local or wider community.
During each LTA costs will be divided according to the number of participants (refreshments, lunch, dinner, transport, excursions, etc.) among the participating schools. Each school has their own budget.
All partners agreed that each school can take 1 extra student to the hosting country; however, they need to inform the hosting school in advance.
Students will be accommodated in host families. In the Czech Republic some of the students will stay in a dormitory, which is part of the school complex. Students staying at the dormitory will not pay for their accommodation and breakfast and some dinners. This will be provided by the hosting school.
All partners will inform the hosting school how many people will attend the LTA in the host country. They will give them the names, gender, age, and other necessary information.
After each LTA the hosting country will prepare an article about the LTA that will be uploaded to the project webpage.
– All materials created by students during the LTA will be uploaded to the project webpage.
– Evaluations carried out at the end of the LTA will be uploaded to the project webpage after each activity.
– All resources created, seminar material created for the business and marketing plan will be added to the webpage.
– Each school will choose students that will participate in the project, if they have not done so yet.
It was agreed that each school will have their own criteria for choosing students. Participation will be open to all, however, those chosen should be interested in the topic of the project, be able to speak English (level A2 and higher) and not have a bad school record.
– Chosen students will create their profile that will be presented on the main webpage and on TwinSpace. (name (maybe not surname), age, interests, why they decided to participate in the project, which country they will be going to, other).
– Students involved in the project will start working on the tasks that are to be done for the LTA as set out in the project application in the part “Knowing me – Knowing you”. Before the 1st meeting they will visit one social enterprise, or meet with an entrepreneur, or do some activity connected with the ideas set out in the project.
– A logo competition will be initiated at each school. All students can participate in the competition. By 10th December each school will submit one logo for the final competition and upload it to google drive file.
– The logo competition will take place on the 15th of December. Fourteen student and two teachers participating in the project from each school will vote for the logo. A school will not be able to vote for their submitted logo in this competition. Students cannot vote for their own logo.
– The Portuguese partner will prepare the voting platform
– By the end of November school coordinators will send the hosting school (Portugal) the number of students coming to the LTA.
– Each school will upload a photo of their school to the google drive by the end of November.
– By the 20th of December the project webpage will be set up as well as the national webpages that will be connected to the main page. The national webpage will be used to inform about activities carried out at the school connected to the project. This page will be written in the national language.
– Students and teachers will write introductory articles for the local webpage, local newspaper, school webpage, other, to disseminate information about the project.